Has your child ever dreamed of having a pet frog? Well now they can have a frog to play with and eat too, with this funny little cucumber frog recipe.
- 1 end of a cucumber
- Basil leaves
- 2 small squares of red capsicum
- Small strip of red capsicum for the tongue
- Rinse ingredients thoroughly
- 1 toothpick
- Flat plate
- Jug of water
How to make:
- Make the frog pond by pouring some water on to the plate and floating basil leaves on the water.
- Carefully carve out a mouth in the cucumber frog’s ‘face’.
- Pin on the red capsicum ‘eyes’ using about 2 cms of toothpick.
- Place the cucumber ‘frog’ in the water and have a play.
(To make the frog without using toothpicks, simply cut two holes in the frog’s face and slot the capsicum eyes in).
Please note: Toothpicks may cause injury if not used correctly. Parental supervision is recommended at all times.