This first creation is sure to get every child’s mouth watering… a watermelon cupcake!
Made from delicious pink melon and topped with creamy yogurt, you and your child will have loads of fun making (and eating) this together.
Watermelon Cupcake Recipe
Ingredients (for 1–10 children):
- 1 whole watermelon
- 1 container of sugar-free coconut yoghurt (or normal yogurt)
- Mixture of fruits and berries
- Shredded coconut
- Stainless-steel round cookie-cutter
- 1 long knife
- 1 teaspoon
- Colourful cupcake papers
- Small plates
How to make:
- To make the cupcake shape, first cut two or three thick slices from a whole watermelon. Then use a round cookie-cutter to cut out some thick circles of melon. These circles should be about the size of your average muffin – without the muffin top!
- Place the melon rounds in cupcake papers.
- Spoon the yoghurt ‘icing’ on to the melon ‘cupcakes’.
- Once the icing is on, decorate the top of each cupcake with an assortment of blueberries and raspberries. And don’t forget to sprinkle on a little shredded coconut, too!
I use coconut yogurt for those with dairy allergies, but any kind will suffice.
Make these for your child’s party and everyone will be shining like pink rainbows!